Savings and Money Tips from Clients
There was recently a commercial that was aired by NerdWallet where a woman was asking her father advice about consolidating her credit card debt. Her father responded with, “The wealthiest camel has the biggest hump.” Indeed, a great laugh about fatherly advice, we thought it would be fun to ask our own clients what savings and money tips they would give to their younger selves.
Some of our favorites:
- Max your contribution to your 401k right away with your first job.
- Don’t be afraid to pay the taxes. Sell when it’s right.
- Be aware and learn where your money is invested in.
- Learn about what all your options are for investing.
- Invest early and steadily. Make sure you enjoy life.
- Start investing and building towards retirement as soon as possible.
- The first person you pay every month is yourself.
- Max out your 401k plans each year you are eligible. Invest more aggressively early on and migrated to a more conservative investment later. SAVE, SAVE, SAVE.
- Make more money and invest it sooner.
- Buy more real estate.
We hope you enjoy these tips as much as we did. If you would like more advice and/or would like to talk to one of our CFP® professionals, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure: This blog post contains hyperlinks to various third-party websites. The content of linked sites is not controlled by nor under the immediate supervision of DWM. The hyperlinks are provided solely for informational purposes and does not imply DWM’s sponsorship, recommendation, endorsement or approval of any third-party website or the content contained therein. DWM does not give, share, sell, or transfer any personal information to third parties. DWM bears no responsibility of the products, services or opinions contained on third - party sites.