Legal, privacy, copyright and trademark information
At Destination Wealth Management we value the privacy of your personal financial information. When we started our relationship we collected nonpublic personal information about you to open accounts. This facilitates us in our ability to provide financial advice and asset management, and to process transactions. We want you to be clear that we protect this information and never sell your personal information to anyone.
We collect and use information to administer our business, to advise you in financial planning and asset management and to provide you with outstanding customer service. We may collect several types of customer information needed for these purposes, such as those below.
Application and registration information, including information such as your address, phone number, social security number and investment and financial objectives.
Transaction information, including balances, positions and history and may include your name and account number that reflects your activities with Destination Wealth Management.
We do not sell any customer information.
We do not sell any customer information.
We disclose nonpublic personal information to third parties only for the purposes of purchasing, processing or managing your financial accounts in accordance with your established financial plan.
We may disclose nonpublic personal information to third parties contracted to provide specific services to Destination Wealth Management to help us process or service your account(s).
Information may be shared with your CPA, Attorney or other professionals with your approval. Additionally, other interested parties may also be provided data based on your request.
We may disclose nonpublic personal information in limited circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required or permitted under the law. For example, we will use this information to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement officials when required.
We protect your nonpublic personal information by restricting access to the information and maintaining its confidentiality.
Those companies that Destination Wealth Management hires to provide support services are not allowed to use your nonpublic personal information for their own purposes and are contractually required to maintain your nonpublic personal information in the strictest confidence.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information to our employees and agents for business purposes only. All employees are trained and required to safeguard such information.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information. We continually review our policies and practices to protect your nonpublic private information and will provide notice of changes in our information sharing practices.
Your trust and confidence in us is our primary concern. We appreciate the opportunity to help. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 1-800-947-3864.
Last Updated: May 2018
Destination Wealth Management (“DWM”) takes your privacy seriously. In connection with the services offered to clients located in the European Data Region, DWM handles personal data in accordance with privacy rights and regulations set forth in the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
DWM’s relationship with each of its clients is typically governed by an investment advisory agreement, which includes schedules and addenda (the “Agreement”), and also provides consent for DWM to share data with certain third parties. DWM is also obligated under the GDPR concerning the manner in which it collects, uses, and processes its clients’ personal data. This Policy describes DWM’s commitment to the processing of personal data under the GDPR.
Generally, DWM will use your personal data to administer your account(s) managed by DWM and to provide the products and services you have requested from DWM. Applicable law gives consumers rights and requires us to inform you how DWM handles such personal data.
Note that DWM’s collection of certain data is required in accordance with the laws and regulations that govern investment advisers registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including among others, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 (as amended) (“Advisers Act”).
Please read this notice carefully to understand what DWM does.
What We Collect
The type of personal data we collect depends on the product or service you receive from DWM.
This information can include:
- Name, social security number or other personal identification number, income, and other personal financial data;
- Phone number, address, account number and account balance; and
- Transaction activity, financial assets, Investment and financial objectives.
Use of Data We Collect
The data you provide to DWM will be used to process your orders, manage your account, and fulfill DWM’s fiduciary duty as a steward of your portfolio.
DWM does not sell your data and takes significant steps to keep your personal data secure. DWM restricts internal access to your personal data allowing employees to access your personal data for DWM’s business purposes only. DWM maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data.
DWM does not share your personal data with third parties, except under the limited circumstances listed below:
- We disclose personal data to third parties only for the purposes of purchasing, processing, or managing your financial accounts in accordance with your established investment plan.
- We may disclose personal data to third parties contracted to provide specific services to DWM to assist in servicing your account(s).
- We may disclose personal data as permitted by law under limited circumstances; such as cooperating with regulators or law enforcement officials when required.
DWM will not retain data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. When a client’s account is terminated, all personal data collected will be deleted as required by applicable laws or regulations. You may request a copy of the data DWM maintains by contacting DWM.
You have the following rights relating to your personal data under the GDPR:
- Right to Access Your Personal Data – you have a right to request and obtain information from DWM about the handling of your personal data as well as a copy of the personal data collected by DWM;
- Right to Rectification/ Correction of Your Personal Data if Incorrect or Incomplete – you may correct inaccurate personal data and add to incomplete personal data upon request.
- Right to Erasure of Personal Data – you have the right to request that your personal data be erased without undue delay if the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes it was originally collected. Note that DWM is obligated to keep copies of certain types of personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations including, among others, the Advisers Act.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint – please notify DWM if you identify an issue regarding your personal data.
In the Event of a Data Breach
In the event of a personal data breach under the GDPR:
- DWM will notify the applicable EU supervisory authority within 72 hours of becoming aware of a data breach affecting our client’s personal data if such breach is likely to result in a risk to your rights and freedoms.
- DWM will notify you in the event a data breach is likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting client individual rights and freedoms.
- DWM will maintain a record of any personal data breaches that occur.
Your trust and confidence are our primary concerns. If you have any questions, please contact us at (925)935-2900.